Therapeutic Tutor – Apply Today!
Learning for All: Education Therapy for Academic Success is looking for a few excellent teachers to join our team. We don’t just teach our students what to learn, we teach them how to learn. We are hiring Therapeutic Tutors for our offices in Kensington, Point Loma, and Sorrento Valley to work one-on-one with students struggling with learning challenges. We offer comprehensive training in specific programs that address academic needs in the areas of language processing, visual/auditory processing, math processing, and cognitive integration for remediation of learning challenges. All of our protocols are evidence-based, multi-sensory, fully-integrated, explicit, systematic, intensive, and administered in a one-on-one setting for a personalized approach that maximizes growth and development of the essential skills necessary for our students to become competent, independent learners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in education
- Experience working with unconventional learners (preferred, but not required)
- Preference given to applicants with experience in Special Education, Orton-Gillingham based language protocols (LiPS, Barton, Wilson, Slingerland, etc.), Speech Therapy, or Occupational Therapy.
- 10-20 hours/week (with potential for more). Applicants must be available during after school hours (1:30-6:30) and on Saturdays.
- Training is paid, after which compensation will be $18-$30/hour, commensurate with experience.
- Passion for learning new skills and a commitment to personal growth
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with our amazing students and their families
- Flexibility and patience for adapting therapy to meet the needs of students with various learning challenges
- Attention to detail and ability to learn and follow very specific protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-reflective
- Comprehensive training and professional support
- Professional clinical facility
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated team of professionals
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and families struggling with learning challenges
Applicants are requested to send cover letter and/or video introduction and resume to Megan Gilmore, email@example.com or apply on Facebook for immediate consideration.